Gillette Toggle Replating Service
Your Gillette Toggle Razor is not disassembled, pictures shown are actual razors I have restored. The Gillette Toggle Razor sent in must be in good mechanical condition, if the dial is stuck, I will try to free it first. If the dial will not free up, the razor will be repainted and returned and money refunded, $20 will be held back for labor and shipping. (The deep heat cleaning will dissolve the paint, but usually frees them up!). Price includes return shipping to USA only.
1. Inspection, Repairs are made, guards are straightenend, doors are straightened, mechanics are checked, endcaps soldered (donor razor supplied by customer), unless purchased in store.
2. Deep Cleaning / Disinfecting in 160 degree Ultrasonic with special degreaser / soap scum remover.
3. Polishing. Worn, pitted locations are sanded and or smoothed out, heavy pitting is glass blasted to a satin finish if needed. Outer Head Surface, Toggle and Endcaps are sanded to remove all scratches then mirror polished smooth. The rest of the razor will have a polished factory / satin finish.
4. Hand Polish with special jewelers cloths.
5. Ultrasonic Deep Clean / Disinfecting at 160 degrees, 160 degree Electroclean, Surface Activation, Mirror Nickel Plating
6. 24K Hard Gold Plate @ 29µin. if chosen.
7. I paint the numbers and selector spring with Testors enamel paint. The black ring below the selector dial is now USA made automotive pinstriping, which in our exprience lasts longer than painting with enamel.
8. Blade gap is checked and set, mechanics are checked.
9. Final Hand Polish,
After Pictures are sent to owner for approval, your Gillette Toggle Razor is returned in Gold Bar Gift Box with a Certificate of Authenticity, that states the razor was replated and refurbished from it’s original condition, along with a Vintage Gillette Logo Card, a Shannons Soaps LTD shave soap sample and a 5 pack of Gillette Silver Blue Blades. Guaranteed for 6 months under normal use, if cleaned only with Dawn dish liquid, a soft toothbrush, and hair dryer dried, returned with original certificate.
After purchase, wrap your razor well and ship to: Chris Spencer, PO Box 54, Frannie, WY 82423
Please include a note with your contact information and plating preferences. Order Status can be checked at – https://backroadsgold.com/order-status/
Info and Examples are available on our website- www.backroadsgold.com, Facebook- www.facebook.com/backroadsgold/
Back Roads Gold is not an associate of the Gillette Company and the content or viewpoint of this product is not endorsed by the Gillette Company.
Shipping to USA and CANADA ONLY. We will not falsify Customs forms, Please Dont Ask. Sale is marked as Gift Razor – Value of sale and HS Code 8212.10